Last edit: 8th September 2023
TL:DR, Hack:DiD, aiming to advance Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) and blockchain technology through developer workshops & hackathons.
Hackathon results have been added to the article.
Learn more: https://dorahacks.io/hackathon/hack-did
We are thrilled to introduce Hack:DiD, an innovative hackathon that aspires to lead the way into the era of Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) and Blockchain technology. This pioneering event is a platform to showcase technological ingenuity and accelerate the exploration of groundbreaking use cases.
Hack:DiD is a long-term initiative by Hypersign dedicated to empowering the web3 ecosystem through the education and growth of Self-Sovereign Identity (SSI) knowledge. This event spun over two months; starting on 10th June, the hackathon itself was conducted online; it was accompanied by IRL developer workshops during these two months in four major cities of India i.e., Bengaluru, Delhi, Chennai, and Mumbai.
Problem Statements and Usecases
Participants are invited to devise ingenious solutions to the following use cases:
- On Chain Review & Ratings
- On Chain Reputation Score [Defi & NFT]
- Multichain Portfolio management
- KYC, Document Signing & Verification
- Traceability in supply chain management
- Ticketing [Events, Transportation, etc.]
- Education & Certification
- Multichain Identity & Access Management
Developers were allowed to submit their builds from 1st July onwards, You can check the hackathon page here: https://dorahacks.io/hackathon/hack-did
The Grand Kick-Off Event
Hypersign and Dojima teams launched the hackathon with an exciting In-Real-Life (IRL) developer-focused event in Bengaluru on 10th June, in collaboration with our workspace partner Bhive Workspace. Representatives from both teams provided crucial information about the hackathon tracks and the grand prize.
Images from the Bengaluru workshop here:
Images from the Hyderabad workshop:
Images from the Mumbai workshop here:
In the workshop, both teams spoke about their infrastructure and conduct a hands-on workshop.
BeePoll is a DAO voting project that integrates the Dojima chain and Hypersign's DID service for enhanced security and user experience. Utilizing ZK-proofs, Discord, and GitHub integrations, pioneering democratic and inclusive voting.
Dojinized is a pioneering project on the Dojima Blockchain, focusing on regulated token transfers, asset tokenization, and innovative financial solutions, including bonus programs and a dedicated payment layer.
Dodo-Redesigned is a project aimed at enhancing Hypersign's original Dodo platform for secure, decentralized identity cards. Incorporating user-friendly features such as credential sharing, portfolio pages, and user scores.
Other notable hackathon submissions:
- Reputation-Odyssey is an ultimate backpack for gamers, allowing players to transfer and utilize their game reputation across supported titles. Leveraging Hypersign's SSI SDK offers a decentralized and secure identity solution with unique identifiers for each gamer profile, ensuring data integrity and privacy. (https://github.com/Raj6939/Reputation-Odyssey/blob/master/README.md)
- Cavach is a forward-thinking Aadhaar Verification solution designed to help businesses navigate India's evolving data protection landscape. Prioritizing privacy, the platform adeptly handles identity verification challenges posed by new regulations and the complexities of the Data Protection Act of 2023. (https://github.com/didintern/kavach)
- Gaita, a Wallet Portfolio Management Web platform integrated with Hypersign, empowers companies with a streamlined way to handle credentials and identities for their users or customers. Leveraging .NET 6.0 and Hypersign’s Entity Studio SSI API, it offers capabilities like managing DiD, issuing credentials, and enabling verified presentations, ensuring a seamless and secure identity management experience. (https://github.com/nescampos/Gaita-hypersign)
- Age Credential is a project built on Hypersign SSI SDKs to issue & verify credentials. (https://github.com/Hares27/AgeCredentialService)
Celebrating Our Sponsors and Community Partners
The Hack:DiD hackathon is proudly backed by an ensemble of remarkable sponsors DoraHacks, Dojima Network, QuillAudits, Bhive Workspace and Hypersign protocol.
- DoraHacks is a global hackathon organizer and a potent developer incentive platform, fostering a worldwide hacker movement in blockchain, quantum computing, and space tech.
- Dojima Network offers a multi-layered architecture that acts as a cross-chain platform for developers. All Hack:DiD projects will be deployed on the Dojima chain, offering features like Universal Liquidity Access and Cross-Chain Execution and Transfer. Docs: https://devoc-test.dojima.network/
- Hypersign is a Proof Of Stake (PoS) based permissionless blockchain network for digital identity. All projects in this hackathon will use the Hypersign infrastructure in their submissions to qualify for rewards. Docs: https://docs.hypersign.id/
- QuillAudits is a Web3 cybersecurity firm that will offer audit credits to selected project winners. QuillAudits will be providing free audit credits of $3000 for selected winners; more details here: https://www.quillaudits.com/wagsi-grants-programme
- OmniFlix is a decentralized, interoperable peer-to-peer network that empowers creators and sovereign communities to mint, manage, and monetize NFTs, facilitating their distribution activities via innovative protocols.
- Bhive Workspace is our workspace partner and a leading Indian co-working space provider.
Our community partners are crucial contributors to Hack:DiD:
- Foundership coaches India’s top founders and builders, providing capital and community to launch impactful Web3 startups.
- hashtagweb3 runs one of the largest job boards for global web3 jobs.
- Digitalsocial.ID (DSID) leverages the user’s digital behavior to create wallet reputation and scores.
- AdLunam is the industry’s first NFT-integrated Engage to Earn seed crowdfunding and IDO launchpad using a Proof of Attention model.
- Lumos Labs is developing the Lumos Metaverse, a comprehensive platform dedicated to connecting and empowering Web3 developers, communities, and technology providers to overcome fragmentation and scarcity, thereby accelerating growth and innovation in the Web3 space. Lumos has agreed to give all the participants of the hackathon free access to Lumos Academy.
- Graviton is leading a mission to increase infrastructure and capital accessibility for early-stage web3 founders in India, with a web3-focused accelerator program that’s underway with its first cohort in 2023
- CryptoniteUAE is an online publication focused on web3 entrepreneurship and their projects. It aims to showcase and highlight the work of web3 entrepreneurs and the innovative projects they are working on, providing insights and updates on the latest developments in the web3 space.
- Riva Metaverse is a decentralized travel platform striving to revolutionize the industry by eliminating intermediaries, ensuring secure and seamless payments, and offering unrivaled customer support.
- OffChain is a vibrant global community of Web3 professionals and enthusiasts, fostering both local and global connections through regular meetups and serving as a trusted alternative to traditional online crypto communities.
- OG Club is a gathering point for Web3 builders, designed to create serendipitous interactions among those passionate about exploring beyond the realm of Web3.
- Shardeum is the world’s first EVM-based Layer 1 blockchain which uses dynamic state sharding to increase TPS (transactions per second) with the addition of every new node while retaining atomic composability. The network is also gaining significant traction in the Indian Web3 community through its ‘Proof of Community’ initiative.
- CoinSwitch Ventures, a division of India’s largest crypto-investment platform, CoinSwitch, operates the Web3 Discovery Fund, which has successfully facilitated around $25 million in funding for 12 Web3 startups since its inception last year.
- Blockchained India is a pan-India community formed out of collective curiosity, dedicated to fostering blockchain knowledge and addressing potential challenges faced by India through this technology.
- UNSNARL is a web3 security startup trying to revolutionize the cyber-sec industry by breaking paradigms of traditional security.
- Hyderabad DAO is a collaborative initiative dedicated to developing an active Web3 developer ecosystem in Hyderabad, hosting events and partnerships with blockchain organizations, facilitating awareness, and providing a platform for Web2 to Web3 transition for developers.
- H.E.R. DAO is a decentralized autonomous organization dedicated to diversifying the blockchain ecosystem by focusing on the inclusion and empowerment of women, trans women, and non-binary individuals in development roles.
See you there, where the future of identity meets the present!